Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Bowling with the Family

This weekend we went bowling for the first time in a very long time.  When I was a child my mother and I used to bowl weekly at the 99 cent a game bowling alley right by our house.  I even have my own bowling shoes!  (NOTE:  It has been a LONG time since I bowled...and that was evident when the soles of my very own bowling shoes began to come off during the first frame!)  I was excited to take my three-year old daughter to bowl for the first time, and she was probably more excited.  We have a toy bowling set we play with at home, but this is the real thing!  I was also concerned about bowling with a bowling ball of my own in my belly!  Could I balance to roll that big ball down the lane?  In light of this concern, my daughter and I bowled with the same 6 lb ball.  She bowled a 52!  I bowled a 103! Yes, we did use the bumpers!

In all it was a great experience, and one that I was glad to pass on to my daughter.  Perhaps she will get her own shoes one day!

No comments: