Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Picture Day

Today was picture day at my daughter's school...and I was not excited about it.  I really wanted to be excited, but I find it hard to do at 5:30 am.  I am more stressed about what she is going to wear, how to do her hair, and what shoes she is going to wear.  My biggest issue is figuring out how I am going to keep her hair "together" until the pictures are taken.  So at 6:00 am I wake her up, change my mind about what she is going to wear, find out that the shoes I wanted her to wear are too small, and am indecisive about which socks best match her outfit because some of the pictures are full body.  Once I settle on the outfit, hair and new shoes we are ready to go at 6:25 am.  I drop her off at school looking so cute, but now the things that are racing through my mind are...what time will the pictures be taken and will she spill milk on her dress before her turn.  When I leave the school it dawns on me as I ride to the park and ride that I will have no idea how she looked in the pictures until many weeks later, and then I will be forced to determine if I want to buy the "so-so" pictures or have some done myself at the local JCPenny.  I decided to leave that decision with the Lord.  Upon arriving to school to pick her up she is playing on the playground, sweaty, the lace is broken on one sock, her knees are rusty, and her hair is all over the place.  I sigh in disbelief...could this be the same cute child I dropped off this morning?!  I decide the best course of action is to take a deep breath, hope the pictures were taken before she looked like "that" and wait for the proofs.  Then the teacher informed me that the pictures were taken after nap time...oh no...without a scarf...now I am really nervous.  I am sure her hair was a mess.  Ugh.  Picture Day!!!!!

No comments: