Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Book Signing




Monday my daughter and I were blessed to attend a book signing with Erin Chase the $5 Dinner Mom. I follow Erin's blog at http://www.5dollardinners.com/, and I was excited to hear about the book signing in Houston.

When blogging you get to a point where you feel like you know people because you read their words every day, but you don't really KNOW them. I found out about Erin's blog and book through Tricia's website http://www.onceamonthmom.com/, but I had never met her. This outing was also special because it was my daughter's first trip to the main library in Houston. We frequent the library in our area, but rarely come into town for a library visit. My daughter loves visiting the "tall buildings where mama works".

I really enjoyed meeting Erin, and finally getting a copy of her book. If you know me, I am sure you are aware of my family's frugal nature and desire to save money. Erin has given me hope that I can transfer that mentality to the dinner table. During the book signing Erin graciously allowed us to ask any questions about cooking, couponing, saving money, shopping, etc. The dialog with her and others was priceless. More than anything, the ability to talk with others who are just like you is comforting. I guess that is what blogging is really all about, talking and sharing with those who have like interests.

The book is also fascinating in that pretty much all of the meals are made from scratch. This will surely help me as I strive to be a card carrying member of the Whole Grain Movement.

My daughter and I really enjoyed the experience, and encourage you to head over to http://www.5dollardinners.com/ and check out a few frugal recipes.

Leave a comment. Are you willing to try a $5 dinner? Hop over to Erin's site (here) and try a recipe. Let me know which one and we can try it together. Do you have your own frugal dinner you cook for your family?

No comments: