Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Looking Foward to My First Garden

I have been inspired by the lovely weather here in Houston to revisit my hopes and dreams of starting my very own vegetable garden. (This is another great money saving opportunity.) This will be my first one, and to be honest, I am nervous.  What if I don't plant the right types of vegetables?  What if some stray animals eat them up?  What if they die?  Oh my.  However, if I lived my life based on "What If" scenarios I guess I wouldn't get very far.  So I am going to do it.  I went to the library today and checked out some gardening books, and my friend from my daughter's school has agreed to share some of her wisdom. (She has a garden in her backyard.)  Please pray for me.  I will keep you up to date on my progress.  (I am hoping I inherited some of the good gardening genes from my grandmother, father and aunts.  We shall see.)

Do you have a garden?  Why types of vegetables?  How was your first year?  Any books you suggest I read?

No comments: