Search This Blog

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Welcome to “My Life As A…”


Welcome to "My Life As A…" This blog is meant to be a compilation of thoughts and a catalyst to discussion. I suppose the concept of blogging has always appealed to me, but I have never had the courage to follow through. I want this blog to be honest…transparent…loving…educational…inspiring. The birth of my daughter has taught me a lot about life including patience and unconditional love, and with those thoughts in mind I started "My Life As A…" This blog is also a part of a larger goal which is my Project Life photo a day challenge. Thanks to Becky Higgins I am able to scrapbook without all of the "stuff", and I am able to maintain organization, which is so necessary for my type-A personality. My Project Life challenge, a wonderful birthday gift from my wonderful husband along with "this here laptop", allows me to journal and take a photo daily of my daughter's life. I will use this blog to "keep up" and stay on task. I will use this blog to document my life and the life of my daughter during her 3rd year of life, which happens to start TODAY. Happy Birthday baby!

Currently, we are headed to a live performance of Sesame Street with our family and friends. (This day is also Super Bowl Sunday, which is something I did not realize when I selected this birthday event three months ago. (Thanks to my type-A, super-organized, anticipatory personality). It is my hope that all of our guests will arrive to their Super Bowls viewing destination prior to kick-off, and we apologize for any inconvenience Sesame Street may have caused. Additionally, we thank you for choosing to celebrate with us, and putting the Saints and Colts on hold for Elmo. (Thanks Daddy.)

Another great achievement for the week was a successful "school birthday" on Friday, being that her birthday falls on a weekend this year. (NOTE: School birthday celebration is a must being that all the other kids celebrate their birthday at school with cupcakes and children singing loudly. Perhaps it's a rite of passage. My daughter has been waiting patiently through everyone else's turn for 364 days!)
Why a blog Laura? I am glad you asked. I am all about "keeping up" with family and friends. (I know many of you are aware of my Shutterfly.com and picture taking addiction.) I wanted to do something different than make Shutterfly books all the time, and something more personal than a photo album webpage with monthly updates. I want to talk to all of you.

My blog experience started because of couponing. ( I have yet another confession – I AM A COUPONAHOLIC!) I am in love with saving money and I learned a lot of what I know about couponing from my husband. He is Mr. Frugal. (Family, please stop laughing.) However, I have taken his ART and turned it into my OBSESSION. I read my first "thrifty" blog, Saving With Shellie, and I was hooked. I saved so much money just taking Shellie's advice in the first month, and I was so excited to talk to others who are like me. Now I follow about 15 thrifty blogs with my RSS Feed account at Google Reader. (A later post will explain how I ventured into this century and learned about RSS. Don't worry. I came fighting and you can too!) This led me to my love of blogging, and now I want to share that love with you.

My goal for this year is to post at least once daily, and provide content that is transparent . I welcome you to comment on my thoughts because they are just thoughts. I will share my ups and down as well as my successes and failures as a mother, a wife and a friend with you.

Leave a comment. Let me know what you think. Welcome to "My Life As A…" Enjoy.

2 comments:

Krissna Jones said...

I am going to look forward to reading your blog. I appreciate the coupon blogs. I have been checking them out lately. I like www.aproverbswife.com as well.

Good Luck!! You are going to do great.

Love you.

John Johnson said...

Laura, Your site is off to a wonderful start. I am glad you took the leap beyond what you could see. I shows that you are no longer "sceard" but grateful. Remember to let God do what only He can do. I pray that your blog will help, heal and provide hope to those who are unaware of the need in their lives. Love you. MTFF