Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Daily Word


About two months ago I confiscated a daily meditation book from my husband. I wanted something to read on the bus that would enhance my relationship with God. It only takes a few minutes, but I have found it to be very helpful. It's called "The Word for You Today – Strength and Guidance for Daily Living" and it is produced by World Hope Ministries. I believe we received our copy for free by making a donation online at http://www.worldhopeministries.org/.

I wanted to share a sample of the word from Tuesday, April 27th, and I encourage you to request your copy and read along with me. The scripture referenced is Isaiah 40:31 "They will soar…They will run…They will walk." The major point of the reading was that "Faith doesn't exempt us from life's seasons; it just enables us to go through them victoriously." What season are you in? Are you a flier, a runner or a walker?

If you are a flier you are being "blessed by God and experiencing success beyond your natural abilities." If you are a runner you "thank God you are still in the race…your time will come." If you are a walker "Some days pain, discouragement and fatigue make it impossible to fly high or run; all you can do is walk without fainting…Walking counts with God."

I now know I have been through all of the seasons at some point in time, and it is ok. I made it out of the walking stage, kept my stamina up in the running stage, and soared in the flying stage. Every day with the Lord is a blessing. Be encouraged today.

Here is a great country song by Chris Young...love it...just keep moving towards the man/woman God wants you to be.


No comments: