Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Garden Update 2

It's been almost a month, and the garden is coming along well. Green is coming up in every square. This is amazing as my primary focus was to get something to grow. I was very worried that I would do all of this work and nothing would sprout. Thanks to a little God water, rain, the garden is making progress, and the progress is much faster than I anticipated. Phase one is complete. Now I have new worries…what happens next? I spent all of my planning time making sure my soil was correct and my box was built to specifications. I chose my vegetable types with care, and have been diligent in my watering and maintenance. I was even worried about the garden when we went to Surprise, Arizona, but luckily God answered my prayers and let it rain while I was gone. Now I water and wait, but how will I know it is time to harvest? What will it look like? How do you harvest it? I guess I will have to go back and reread that part of the book. Please continue to pray for me and the garden. Here are a few pictures and a list of what I have planted.

Note: The last picture shows my "hybrid" plant.  I accidently put two seeds in one square.  Ooops. So I have a basil/pepper plant...they are fighting for the square right now.  We will see who wins!


Squash
Peppers
Lettuce (Romaine)
Lettuce (Green Leaf)
Basil
Oregano
Tomato
Carrots
Onion

No comments: