Search This Blog

Monday, April 05, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure


Something you might not know about me is I really enjoy watching the Young and the Restless. Yes it is a soap opera, and I have been watching it for years. The stories are interesting to me, and it gives me a minute to think about the lives of fictional characters whose lives are more messed up than mine will ever be. I rarely miss an episode. I DVR it at home, and I watch it online at cbs.com when I need to catch up quickly. When I watch it on DVR I know exactly how many commercial skips to use in order to get to the next segment. I got started with Y&R while watching with my mom, and I think she started by watching with her mom. I guess you can say it's tradition. Anyway, I really enjoy watching it because my mom still watches it too, and if we somehow have nothing else to talk about during our daily chat, rest assured Y&R will give us plenty to discuss. We love chatting about the characters and trying to guess what will happen next. We even say we are going to voice our opinions to the writers for how they are treating our favorite characters. I love Phyllis. She is a little bad, and always in trouble it seems, but I enjoy her character. My mom likes all of the black people, especially since they are the only five in Genoa City. We are very tired of Adam and could do without Gloria and Jeffery. I am always amazed that the writers never seem to run out of stories to tell. As a self-proclaimed writer, I hope to always have something to write about even if it's just my love for Y&R.

No comments: