Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Top 5 - When It Rains

Today it rained in Houston, and no one saw it coming...not even our very experienced weather forcasters.  We were told that it would not rain for the next 7 days, and on day one...it did.  So in honor of today's Spring showers, I present to you the top five reasons I love the rain.
  1. Rainbows.  My daughter loves them too.  It is very refreshing to see a rainbow after the storm.  (That could preach, but I will leave it alone.  I am sure you get the picture.)
  2. God Water.  My garden loves water from on high.  When it rained the other day the very next day I saw the first sprouts in my garden.  There is something about the water from Him.
  3. Sleeping/Relaxing.  I love to here the rain pitter patter on the window...it is very calming. Maybe I should get one of those noise machines programmed with the rain.  Great idea!
  4. A good excuse.  You can use the rain as a good excuse if you are running late, or you want to get out of an appointment.  (I am not saying I do this, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.)
  5. Wash away the old. There is something renewing about the rain.  It washes dirt away.  When you go outside after the rain things seem clean and refreshed.  Perhaps a clean slate is what you need to get started again.
Honorable Mention - Umbrellas.  I love them, but can't keep up with them to save my life.  I have lost many...and I need a new one as we speak.  The question is should I spend lots of money on a cute one I know I am likely to lose, or should I go cheap.  Hmmmm.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: