Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Top 5 - Sunny Day Edition

So it is very late for people like me who think about going to bed at 9 pm, and the reason I am up do late can be blamed on the amazing weather we are having in Houston today.  I did clean the house this morning, but after that it was time to soak up the sun.  In honor of sunny days, I would like to offer my list of the top 5 things I LOVE about sunny days.  (Along with a couple of things I am not too fond of.)
  1. Sandals and flip flops.  I guess that means it is time for a pedicure.
  2. Sunglasses.  I love wearing sunglasses.  The problem I usually run into is finding them, and finding them in one piece.  My three year old is a fan of sunglasses too.  She has her own pair in a sunglass holder in my car.  If I put mine on then she must put hers on.
  3. Water.  Swimming, the beach, the pool, water balloons, or even drinking a tall glass of water on a warm sunny day.
  4. Rolling the windows down.  With my sunglasses on, and my Carrie Underwood playing a little too loud. (Now you know that is when I am in the car by myself...when others accompany me it's the "choo choo" song all day long!)
  5. Not having to turn on the AC.  This would mean the sunny day is a spring day and not a hot Houston summer day.  Anytime I can keep money in my pocket and away from the electric company is a good day.
Two things I don't enjoy...
  1. Sunscreen.  I know we must use it, but it is certainly a task to apply.
  2. Having an appointment or having to work on the sunny day.  Looking out of the window and seeing others enjoy what you long to enjoy is tough.
I hope you enjoy your sunny day.

No comments: