Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Very Exciting Day


As many of you know I have been blogging now for almost two months. I have enjoyed every minute of this experience, but today was the most exciting day of my little blogging life.

What started out as an ordinary morning of checking emails turned up a very exciting discovery. I have started a book club "My Life Book Club" in hopes of communicating with those who enjoy reading as I do. I announced the book club's inaugural selection on March 19th as "What Doesn't Kill You" by Virginia DeBerry and Donna Grant, and today I received a comment on the blog post from the authors themselves. (Check it out here. - Scroll to comments section at the bottom of the page.) The authors thanked us for choosing them. I just about fell out of my chair after reading the comment. How did they know we were reading their book? I am so excited.

Now for many I am sure this is no big deal, but to me it is huge. It means people actually read my blog. When you sit at a computer and don't actually see others reading your words it can sometimes be discouraging, but reading that comment today was all of the encouragement I need. So "My Life Book Club" members…keep reading. Enjoy the story, and enjoy posting your comments on this blog. The authors may be listening.

1 comment:

Krissna Jones said...

WOW!! That is very great news!! :) I am really excited to read the book now.

I love your blog!!